Monday 2 March 2015

Mega Evolution Tiers ORAS

Mega evolution Tiers


Now don't kill me for this as this is gonna be 100% opinion based and I know how heated some people can be when their precious Mega Absol isn't S+ rank, but note that this is just for fun and reflects what I think of the Mega Evolutions in the VGC 15 format.  


S Rank
  


These in my opinion are the best mega's to use in terms of stats ability's and general effectiveness. All 3 have their weaknesses and can be built around rather easily. I won't get into them an awful much as I'll likely have articles on all 3 at some point.



A Rank
   


Quite a populated tier as this is filled with Mega evolutions I think have just as much presence on the field as the big S rank ones. They just require a lot more support and have more exploitable weaknesses to be used as consistently. Definitely still massive threats in their own way and shouldn't be ignored. Note: That is Mega Latias in case of confusion. 

B Rank


Big tier of Mega's here that have less freedom than those in higher ranks but still have a strong niche or presence that sets them apart from C and below mega's. All of these Pokemon I could see being used at some point in the format very successfully.

 

 C Rank


This is where the majority of Mega evolutions sit at. All very strong Pokemon in their own right. But when compared in a competitive setting these Pokemon fall short ever so slightly, Now don't get me wrong, all these Pokemon are perfectly usable and may have a strong niche but just aren't strong enough in my opinion to be used without heavy support or in some sort of gimmick. Could be worse, they could be in D rank...     ( Pidgeot is god I <3 u rlly)


D Rank



Mega Rayquaza is in here as it's about as usable as Absol. That is not at all. Just avoid this mon If you can help yourself. I guess you could out speed and Ice beam some things with it or do some magic bounce cheese but honestly, its paper thin bulk puts it in the lowest of the low of tiers... Or is it?




Steelix Tier

Home of everyone's favourite Mega Pokemon Steelix who I can ( as to no surprise) not find the Sprite   for. My least favourite and the least viable Mega Pokemon available. IN MY OPINION ( Don't kill me)



To finish off this horridly biased post I would like to say that I don't think that many Pokemon are truly 'Bad'. It's just some are better than others. That's literally it, don't feel discouraged to try out any of the mega's on the tiering list  and If I missed some then I either forgot about them or slapped them in the D tier which is kinda the same thing is it not :]

Final reminder that this is 100% OPINION BASED. Thanks for reading and not spamming my twitter with hate in advance. 











No comments:

Post a Comment